Saturday, December 12, 2009

Mama Do...Uh Oh, Uh Oh


=)
I have done my song, finally.
I mean edit and combine songs for the coming MDS dance test. LOL! Not the first time, and it's fun to edit song. Once you try it then you will try the second time, I sure. x)


This time I will go for another rank, I forgot it's rank 3 or rank 4. Anyway, it's master class in Hip Hop. Again me myself only, damm scary. Last time I skipped few ranks to advance class, I thought Feng will accompany me only I made this big decision, but he FongFeiKei. = =

For advance class, student must be able to show 5 routines with 5 different styles adapted in HipHop, 1 minute duration of complete tight routine for each of the style. That time I choose to show New School Hip Hop, New Jazz, Street Style, Krumping and Break Dancing. Forgot to say, this is an 1 on 1 dance test, something like audition for TV singing competition. Before the result announcement at the end, I thought I have failed my test due to my horrible break dancing and...I didn't fully prepared so I forgot some steps during the dance test. That day was a lucky day to me, I passed my test without retake the next week.


This time comes to master class, student must be able to show 1 excellent combo of every Hip Hop elements in 3 ½ minutes duration. It seems easier than advance class but actually it's not. When many styles are combined in a routine, the dance required a smooth and tight flow. That means student has to truly own the knowledge of every particular styles in the combo. It's hard to choreograph. Although I have done the song and me myself vote it 5 stars, but I still worry that my choreography skill is not good enough.

By the way, I will try my best this time. Perhaps no more forget steps and panic moment.
Check it out!






"It's all about the magic of the dance.
Illusion, rhythms and fantasy.
The choreography provide which the structure of personality is built off.
Good dance is refreshing, confident and magical."








Fire burning on the dance floor.
Written by the street dance lover,
Sue Yin.




No comments:

Post a Comment